Friday, 19 May 2017

The importance of a Pizza Party

It’s been a great Friday for me!

Firstly, because it’s World IBD Day, so I’ve had the opportunity to shout about how important raising awareness is. Not only is it acceptable today more than any other day, I would even go as far as to say it is expected - welcomed! Of course, I delivered, with the same flare, style and enthusiasm as always – none, clumsy, but the enthusiasm I got nailed! 

So what is the second reason for my ‘great Friday’, I can hear you pondering. Well, today is also National Pizza Party Day!

If you want to be pedantic about it, which I don’t doubt some of you are, it’s actually an American National day, but I’m more than happy to jump on the bandwagon for most National food holidays!


If you want to see what I have been up to in terms of raising awareness today, head over to Huffington Post and The Mighty. I have been crazily sharing on social media and have spent the last few weeks designing awareness images and creating Thunderclaps etc. For those of you not in the know, Thunderclap is a nifty little site that allows you to create a short post (short enough for Twitter), and ask people to support your message with their own social media profiles, meaning that at a time and date you've specified, the message will go out on their social media. Neat huh?

This evening has been spent with my beloved, making pizzas with ready-made pizza dough (I know – I am ashamed, honest)! He knows it’s best to indulge me when I request things like ‘a pizza making party for two’. Who said romance was dead?

As I said, it’s been a great Friday! I feel like I have not only done well for the IBD community, but also suitably romanced my other half too. Productive wouldn’t you say?!

What do you mean, having him make his own dinner is not romance? YOU KNOW NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment